What do we believe?
The Salt Lake Christian Church is a diverse non-denominational church filled with members who are committed to a close relationship with God based firmly on the Bible.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We are committed to loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength and loving our neighbor as ourselves (Matthew 22:37-40)
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, is the only way to the Father, and is the head of the church (Mark 1:1, John 14:6, Colossians 1:18)
- We are saved only by the grace of God, not by works (Ephesians. 2:8), and through faith in Jesus, repentance, and baptism into Christ, we accept the free gift of forgiveness and salvation that comes through Christ (Acts 2:38-39) our only mediator to God (1 Timothy 2:5)
- Our mission on earth is to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18-20), be witnesses of Jesus’ resurrection (Acts 1:8), and to always remember the poor (Galatians. 2:10)
The Salt Lake Christian Church is a diverse family who have a simple vision, “To build a deep spiritual family that impacts our community for Christ.”
This simple vision has brought about a simple dream. Our dream is to plant a second church in the state of Utah in the next few years. We are currently praying to see whether God wants us to plant a church in Ogden or Park City.
We would love for you to come and visit our family and be a part of God’s plan for Utah.
The Salt Lake Christian Church is part of a worldwide fellowship known as the International Churches of Christ. This fellowship consists of over 600 churches in 150 different countries around the world and is made up of various races, tribes, and ethnic groups. To learn more about the International Churches of Christ check out their website: Disciples Today.
We in Salt Lake participate in this fellowship in many ways: conferences, service projects, joint events, and missions. We have a very close connection with the Middle East and Honduras. Every year we take up a missions offering that directly goes to help our sister churches spread the gospel in these parts of the world.